Performance for student participation

Dear Professor Blackstone,

I do believe I deserve a range from good to excellent for student participation throughout the 13 weeks in UCS 1001. 

I am always punctual for lessons other than 2 occasions, and I hope that it will not affect your judgment of me in terms of punctuality.  I always make sure I complete my assignment(s) on task with 100% effort. I do believe I participated actively in class and group projects, stepping out of my comfort zone to present in front of the class and taking the lead when necessary in the group to get things going. I am someone who always asks questions to clarify my doubts and contributes comments and feedback to my peers on how we can improve in certain areas. Vice-versa, I am open to feedback and comments, as it help me further improve and identify areas that I might need to work on from someone's point of view.

Despite not being the team leader for my team, I believe I always take up initiative to start the ball rolling, pushing the team to start working on different areas, and allocating parts to research on so that we can share the workload. My role as a reporter in the team requires me to be outspoken, consolidating the team's effort and presenting to the class the progress and direction of what my team was working on.

In terms of written feedback and grading, I do believe that giving feedback helps me and others improve. I hope that my feedback to others helped as I am someone who is straight-forward, hence I hope that others would be offended. I believe that my feedback and questions during the presentation are not personal but according to what I feel and think about the rubrics and the 3 important learning points of desirability, feasibility and viability. 

I am also a very active listener, to you and my classmates. I always search on Google if I require more assistance in terms of words I am unsure of. I always take down side notes on areas I need to improve on or questions that I have doubts about so that I can clarify at a later stage of class when necessary. 
I actively reply and respond to questions,  another way to build confidence and stability when speaking.

I hope that in the past 13 weeks, I have shown and displayed my utmost respect to you and the class. I enjoyed your class the most, and I will further improve myself in terms of what was taught and I can apply the skills in the future. Therefore, I strongly believe I deserve a good to excellent for student participation in your module.

Thank you.

Best Regards, 
Philbert Chow


Comments

  1. Thank you, Philbert, for your participation and for the detailed explanation, in letter form even.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts